Communication Precautions Communication Form
This form is designed for speech-language pathologists in medical settings needing to articulate communication precautions to nursing, physician, therapy, and kitchen staff. The form is designed to specify the following:
- Name, room number, date
- New admit, re-admit, change in status
- Communication barrier (diagnosis)
- Expressive language functional ability
- Receptive language functional ability
- Reading functional ability
- Writing functional ability
- Numbers functional ability
- Communication strategies
- Immediate needs (how much assistance is needed for call light usage and menu reading at meals)
- Notes/standardized scores
- Places for SLP and physician signatures
This form may replace a variety of different forms within a facility and improve workflow and productivity.
Featured in the September 2018 Therapy Fix.
Digital edition is $5.
Print+Digital edition is $10 and includes immediate access to the digital file plus 30 color copies delivered to your mailbox.
Tech specs: Digital download. 1 page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 100 kb.